10/12/2007

Remember When....

Remember Zines? I miss them. I used to have one way back when. Back when we
used to care. Back when there was a since of community. I know I'm
stuck in this nostalgia mode, bear with me 30 is a big number. Three
decades of kicking ass and forgetting names. And, there have been a
lot of forgotten names. A lot of lost nights. Tripping face on acid
or sh rooms, smoked out my mind on some killer Hydro. Whiskey River
took my mind. But I can still vaguely recall the early years, back in
D.C. (Davie County, hanging out at the Taco Bell in Clemons. Shows
at the Armory and the day Evolution opened up. The mall before we
tried to blow it up. Hellenbach and what was that one place way out,
where No Talent played that one time? Fuck where did all the time go.
Where did all the money go. I couldn't afford to put out a zine now
unless I printed it myself. Hey? It would be cheaper to buy ink
cartridges than pay a printer. Perhaps I'll start up the old RR
again. There seems to be a lot of talking heads these days though.
Everyone has an opinion and with blogs,the Internet, and millions of
channels on TV anyone can spit out there version of what's going on.
I don't necessarily see a need to print out a black and white rant on
this society. Besides things have become so ass-backwards and
completely fucked I don't see how one mans call to defiance is going
to ring out. I do need to start focusing what forum I do I have
(ahem). Thing is I've reached out here before and not much of a
response. The chick of that dumb Bret Heart show got 1024 comments
yesterday alone. I gotta figure out how to break the glass ceiling.
Of course That means I'm going to have to up the ante on the content.
I gotta think of something more potent to write about. Thing is I
look back on the stuff I used to print and it wasn't much different.
My angry laments on the world and my undying hatred of mankind was
just in its infancy back then. Now I have shed my humanity for full
pledge monkee-ism. Viva La Revolution!













----------------
Now playing: Fugazi - Wesley Willis
via FoxyTunes

No comments: